Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, July 19, 2010

On Palin, Organized Thought, Words, and Tolerance

Those of you who visit regularly may have noticed that the word "tolerance" is in the title of this blog. Mostly the "soldiers" part gets my attention here because "tolerance" usually gets even more political that our military. Still, I can't resist this one. It touches on my love of clear concise writing which requires using words well to achieve that--and on my love of tolerance.

I'm also keen on the connection between organized thought and clear concise writing. That usually takes more time than my blogs allowed. Some great author once said that it takes a first draft to know what it is you want to say.

I didn't have time for a second draft of this blog post, so I'm just going to stop here, give you the link, and let you rip into this with comments. (-: Here it is. Ta da!!!

http://www.facebook.com/l/36712;www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/76355/palin-takes-islam-and-the-english-language-the-same-time


Speaking of that second draft I didn't write, those interested in improving their writing may be (notice I didn't writer "maybe") interested in my booklet The Great Little Last-Minute Editing Tips for Writers.

----
Blogged by Carolyn Howard-Johnson wrote the foreword for Eric Dinyer's book of patriotic quotations, Support Our Troops, published by Andrews McMeel. Part of the proceeds for the book benefit Fisher House. Her chapbook of poetry won the Military Writers Society of America's award of excellence. Find it at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1599240173/. Her novel, collection of creative nonfiction and much of her poetry is informed by interest in leading the world toward acceptance of one another. Find her web page dedicated to tolerance at http://www.carolynhowardjohnson.redenginepress.com/tolerence_and_utah_links.htm. If your Twitter followers would be interested, please pass this on to them using this widget:

No comments: