Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Author/Artis Joyce White Shares Thoughts on War and the Universe

A new writing friend who works with art therapy send me this. I find the passion in it touching and hope you will, too.


Who should die and who should live?

By Joyce White

Rated "PG13" by the Author.




I think a lot about our men arguing over who should die and who

should live, I think about how they worry about the sky dropping

fire and brimstone on them and all they love, I think about

how they end up sore and bleeding standing on corners,

I always give them a nod, a word or two, and they look at me

through swollen unforgiving eyes; what more can I do?

Will it matter who I vote for? Will the killing stop?

I'm recalling my own pops, who served both in the Navy and Army,

from l17 to 40, even though his heart is now cold stuck inside a box,

I think about my brother committed suicide when he got back from

Viet Nam, don't think he ever voted...

I hear them scratching and moaning just outside my reach, probably

patrolling somewhere between the living and dead, weighed down

by these last indignities.

Poem by Joyce White, author of Sculpting the Heart: Surviving Depression with Art Therapy www.scuptingtheheart.com
www.joycewhiteblog.com
www.rejoycerag.com
www.wingedforarttherapy.com
www.joycewhiteart.com
www.AuthorsDen.com/joycewhite
www.blogit.com/Blogs/Affil/?305539
http://twitter.com/joycewhite
-----
Carolyn Howard-Johnson wrote the foreword for Eric Dinyer's book of patriotic quotations, Support Our Troops, published by Andrews McMeel. Part of the proceeds for the book benefit Fisher House. Her chapbook of poetry, Tracings, won the Military Writers Society of America's award of excellence.

No comments: